Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Stormy Days.

Sometimes, life is rocky and we think ourselves completely broken. I thought I had rather reached this point, until yesterday, when the sinus infection I've been fighting for a week worsened and I woke up feeling completely miserable. (Yes, it is possible to be in Hawaii and feel so miserable that you can hardly make yourself crawl out of bed...despite the fact that palm trees and beaches and sunshine--not to mention classes--are waiting.) My school leader, Paul, drove me to the doctor where I learned that on top of my sinus infection (and severe sun burn), I have developed bronchitis and my body is completely run down and depleted due to a stressful last few months in my life. So, no exercise or sun exposure for a week. 


That's right, I am quarantined from the sun... for an entire week!! The bright side is that I am off work duty for a week so can do what I most feel like doing... sleep. 


On our way back from the doctor, we were in a car wreck. The back of the car was pretty well destroyed, but thankfully we were both okay. Lately I had been contemplating the fragility of life and how quickly things can change; this reinforced that truth, and I am constantly reminded of it by the large goose egg on the side of my head. 


Moral of the story? There is always more breakage that can happen. Right now I feel like I have no idea what is going on with my life, except that God is still in control... and still, always, more than enough.


I would love to hear from any of you that read this blog... Sometimes this rock in the middle of the Pacific seems way too far away from my family and friends. I wish I could know what is going on with each of you, and how the Lord is working in your life! If you're partial to snail mail, my address is:

Hannah Rexroth

University of the Nations--PhotogenX DTS

75-5851 Kuakini Hwy. #430

Kailua-Kona, HI 96740


Otherwise, shoot me an email at hmrexroth@gmail.com 


It would brighten my day... which I need, being that I'm quarantined from the sunshine for a week!



No comments:

Post a Comment