Friday, January 15, 2010

Princess Bride

I think that at least once in her lifetime, every girl ought to be able to feel like a princess.
Just to know what it feels like.
What does that mean?
It means to feel attractive in a world that most of the time makes you feel decidedly unattractive.
Special.
Valuable.
Secure in the identity of an inherent worth.
What does it look like?

It can look like anything, I think--that's the beauty of it.

But today, it looked like this.


A Princess Bride.
She is truly lovely, with or without a bridal gown.
But, sometimes the truth can seem--to us-- to be buried under layers and layers of other feelings and is unable to be felt at all.
Not that I'd know, but I'd imagine that satin and pearls help it to be felt a little more clearly.
Just a guess.
I hope that for the two hours we spent together, at least, Cheryl felt like the most beautiful princess in the world.
And I hope that every time she sees the photographs, she'll remember what it felt like.

1 comment: