Friday, July 27, 2007


I think it´s wrong to leave a culture before having experienced it at literally every hour of the day... which I have done in Paris. I can´t say which is my favorite... things are a little fuzzy when I try to find my way back to my bed at 4-6 a.m., but I love the hours right before then. I also like the afternoon/evening... 2 different crowds, both captivating. And of course, night is when the city truly becomes the "City of Lights", a name for which it is so famous... Mornings are a little slow, but a good espresso helps shake off the post-night fog. And it can be quite entertaining to watch the store owners open up their shops. I would probably enjoy the Parisian mornings more if I didn't have to wake after only a couple hours of sleep and run through muddy streets to catch the metro and make it to class on time, rainsoaked and cold...

But sleep is for the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment