Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The world is a strange place sometimes...so huge, and small at the same time, connected and utterly unconnected.. I love my current location though and wish I could stay here... for the sake of my poor language skills, I think I need to.

So; evidently Parisian cops dont like it when travellers jump into the metro pit... I learn something new every day. Sometimes I look around and wonder if I've mistaken my location and am actually in England... It rains all the time, and I'm ready to see sun again. Over the weekend I went to Chartres--it was beautiful, despite the rain.

I went busking for the first time today, setting up with my penny whistle on a street corner under the Tour Eiffel. I think the rain was actually a good thing, as people seemed to feel sorry for me. Anyway, I made 37 euros and was quite pleased.

I'm trying to decide what to do with my 3 weeks after classes end here-- walk the Camino de Santiago (basically, backpack across spain) or backpack through Germany, Amsterdam, France, and Luxembourg with a couple friends...tough decision all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment