Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Yesterday I went to explore the Butte Montmartre and somehow ended up in the Pigalle area... a different side of Paris, to say the least. The good thing about it was that one of the guys that approached me offered to point me to Montmartre... the bad thing about it was that ¨pointing¨ wasn´t enough and he ended up spending the afternoon with me, proposing in 3 languages, and claiming a permanent spot for his arm around me shoulder.

I´ve decided against the Camino and am touring Germany, France and Benelux instead... I´ll get to see 3 new countries that way.

Bastille Day in the city was amazing... hundreds, seemingly thousands, of people from all over the world gathered on the lawn behind the Tour Eiffel beginning in the early afternoon, and remaining until the early hours of the morning, drinking, dancing, making new friends... The firework display behind the eiffel after dark was awesome. But one of the highlights was definitely the metro ride back, with most of the city trying to cram into the metros..

No comments:

Post a Comment