Friday, June 20, 2008

Mi Ojo de Vidrio...

I am, occasionally, a klutz. Not because of anything to do with my hair color, but because my mind is so often elsewhere. But it's always in important places so I don't consider this a bad thing... although it does make my life somewhat challenging at times.

Like last week, for example, when I fell into a hole.

Or yesterday, when I collided with someone and fell into a bush.

Or today, when I spilled ammonia in my eye and nearly lost my eyesight. At least, it felt like I did. The fact that ammonia was in such close proximity to my eye is in itself a slight cause for concern, but it's a widely-accepted fact that extreme boredom can result in slightly irrational behavior.

But back to my eye... Think of what it feels like to get shampoo in your eye. Now multiply that times 1000. That's what it feels like to get ammonia in your eye. The result of my klutziness didn't feel good, but at least it looks pretty. It left me with an "ojo de vidrio" (eye of glass). It's bright red and has a sort of sheen to it, like when you have a high fever.

And not only do I have a pretty ojo de vidrio, but it's an ojo that is still capable of seeing the world. Que dicha!

No comments:

Post a Comment