Thursday, May 28, 2009

THE BUG.

This blog post is not about God or photography, nor is it related to anything that I usually write about. 


It is about a very big bug


Last night I was sitting on my bed after a very long photography class, working on my laptop, when I felt the sheet on my bed moving. I looked over, and a cockroach of extraordinary size scurried past. 


I am accustomed to cockroaches of extraordinary size jumping out from unexpected places when I am sorting garbage for campus "recycling". It is a garbage dump; they belong there. But in my bed? No.  


Normally my bed is bug free, although since arriving in Hawaii I've shared my bed with spiders, fleas, mosquitos, and a variety of OUBs (Other Unidentifiable Bugs). It's not that big of a problem, I can share my space. 


BUT. 


Cockroaches are on an entirely different level. They come in a variety of sizes, but this one was four inches in length, from antenna to end. You would probably be unable to imagine in  your mind the sort of creature I am trying to describe, so here's a picture of a similar cockroach.


They do not make good bedmates.


All in all it's not really a big deal. I will be a missionary whether or not there are cockroaches in my bed. 


But, I'd prefer to be a missionary without cockroaches in my bed. So as you get into your own bed tonight, I'd really appreciate it if you'd take a minute to pray that God would keep the cockroaches out of mine.

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture! Dig the abbreviation OUB I wouldn't thought of that. Take care.~ Alex

    ReplyDelete