Thursday, May 21, 2009

Reason for Existence.

Jesus continues to shatter my passive existence on a daily basis. 


The other day I was thinking about how nothing that I am feeling or going through in my day-to-day life changes the reality of who God is for me or His lovingkindness to me or my relationship with Him. 

He is constant

Unchanging. 

Always faithful. 

He says, "I will never leave you or forsake you." If I feel disconnected or distanced from Him, it is because I have distanced myself from Him by focusing on what's going on around me. As a result, I lose sight of reality--my reality with my Maker. He has chosen me, He chooses me every moment of every day. He loves me, and longs for me. That is reality. Reality is that He is always with me, even when I mess up or get distracted by what is going on in my life. He never leaves. I can always rest in His presence, even if I feel overwhelmed with life or like I can't stop messing up. Those are the times I need to cling to Him the most, rather than pull back and feel like I need to straighten things out on my own before I can approach Him... I need to focus on the reality of me and God in constant relationship. Everything else is just a shadow; an apparition that fades in the reality of the presence of God and His love for me. He is not looking for people who have it all together, He is looking for people who will keep choosing Him. 

I cannot do it on my own. 

I need Him. 

But, that's how He designed it to be. 

He created me to be in relationship with Him every day of my life. He wants to complete me. He wants to be strong where I am weak. He wants to fulfill me. He wants to be the one that I cling to... all the time, not just when things are good. He wants me to cling to Him in my sin, in my hardships, in my struggles. He wants us to be one, inseparable. He wants me to lose myself in Him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment