Sunday, May 3, 2009

JESUS.

The more I seek to study God, the more I feel like I have no idea who He is.


The more I read the New Testament, the more I am convinced that the real Jesus would not be permitted to enter the doors of many churches in the world today.


I believe that modern Christendom has so revised and repackaged Jesus that to the majority of Christians, He is not the real Jesus but rather an image that we have created to be able to remain safe and comfortable. 


It makes me want to shut myself up in a room, forget everything I "know", and read the Bible from cover to cover to learn afresh who Jesus really is, with no expectations or stereotypes.


The real Jesus wrecked people's lives.


The real Jesus caused people to give up with reckless abandon their comfort and security to become passionate lovers of Him. 


The real Jesus made people uncomfortable.


The real Jesus didn't "water down" His message in order to increase His popularity or the number of His followers. 


The real Jesus didn't merely speak about His message. He lived it. 


I was reading the other day about a man who is afraid to ask God why there is so much injustice, oppression, and violence in the world because he knows God will just repeat the same question back to him. We are His hands and feet. We are His messengers. So why IS there so much injustice, oppression, and violence? 

No comments:

Post a Comment